SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
The Grounded Events Company, organisers of mass participation sporting events including Brighton Marathon Weekend, Brighton Trail Weekend and Ragnar Relay UK, is seeking a Social Media Manager (Paid and Organic) to join our small and dedicated team based in the centre of Brighton, a stone’s throw from the seafront.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to take ownership of and nurture our brands’ social profiles and our social media marketing.
Ultimately, we want someone who is passionate about creating engaging, relevant and innovative content while also managing the delivery of ad campaigns and monitoring of results.
You will have experience in paid social media using Facebook Business and Ads Manager, with a head for data and excellent attention to detail. You will have the skills to understand what drives results and analyse your campaigns.
Digital and social media communications campaign experience involving running / sport will be considered advantageous.
Our team enjoy great coffee from local roasters Back Yard Coffee from our much-loved Jura machine, a beer & wine fridge, plus a 4pm finish on Fridays. Team members can also have a gym membership or fitness class reimbursed as part of the perks. We have also been known to go on some awesome team trips away …
SALARY: £30,000 – £35,000 (dependent on experience)
PENSION: Enrolment into our company pension scheme
GYM MEMBERSHIP: Gym membership / equivalent fitness class reimbursed by the business
LEAVE: 28 days leave per annum, including bank holidays. Time off in lieu for event weekends worked and office closed over Christmas and New Year period.
Full time (Monday-Friday – 09:00-17:30, including occasional overtime and event weekends). Hybrid working is available on Mondays.
Responsible for the creation, implementation and curation of paid and organic campaigns across social media platforms and channels.
- Working with Head of Brand & Marketing to implement paid social media marketing campaigns and plans
- Paid and organic monitoring, analysis and management of budgets
- Own the social schedule and content calendar for the events across multiple social platforms
- Increasing and maximising our following and engagement
- Community engagement
- Working with Commercial Team to deliver and report back on partner, sponsor and charity content
- Management and development of our social media accounts; including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Hootsuite and Twitter
- Working with the Comms Manager and Artworker to deliver and align content from the comms schedules
- 2+ years of experience working in social media management including Facebook paid campaign management
- An inherent understanding of social media platforms and online audience behaviours and trends
- A proven ability to develop and grow social media accounts and build online communities
- Excellent knowledge of developments in social media and related areas
- Proven copywriting ability, with an obsessive eye for detail, grammar, spelling and fluency in English
- Proficient use of full Microsoft Office package
- Ideally an understanding of social media management tools such as Hootsuite
- Preferably a sound understanding of Google Analytics but not essential
The ideal person looks like:
- A creative yet strategic and analytical thinker that can interpret reporting data into insights and act on them
- A genuine passion for social media
- Highly organised and able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment on multiple accounts
- Ideally a love of running and the culture that surrounds it
- Preferably a sound understanding of running / live event audiences and how to engage them
- Proactivity, with the ability to self-motivate and work independently
- A good team player with a sense of humour in challenging times
- The adoption of a tenacious attitude to getting work done when required
- Excellent communication skills
How to apply:
To be considered for this role, you must provide:
- An up-to-date C.V
- A concise cover letter detailing
- why you think you should be considered for this role
- specifically why you want to work at Grounded Events Company
- Details on your current remuneration and / or salary expectation
- Names and contact details for two referees (referees will not be contacted until final interview stage)
Please note that applications without a relevant cover letter will not be considered for this role.
Please send this information across to Justine Hewitt at [email protected]
If we think you could be suitable for this role, we will be in contact no later than Monday 1st November 2021. If you have not heard from us by this date, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
The important bits:
At GEC, we want to ensure that we celebrate diversity in our workforce as well as bringing different perspectives to our business. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion and belief.
The job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time, to meet changing circumstances. As your experience grows you will be expected to suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. The spec summarises the main aspects of the job but does not cover all the duties that the job holder may have to perform.
If you are interested in working for us and would like to get in touch, we are always interested to hear from experienced and enthusiastic people!
Please email [email protected]
If you are interested in volunteering at the event, please check out the volunteer pages of our website.