The Grounded Events Company, organisers of mass participation sporting events, including the Brighton Marathon Weekend and Ragnar Relay UK, is looking for a Production Manager to manage and develop all infrastructure aspects of our event portfolio.
Though the effects of Covid-19 have been felt throughout the events industry, GEC have been working hard during this period to refine our existing events and develop a number of new events. With these exciting projects on the horizon, we’re looking to expand our Production Team.
As Production Manager you will be responsible for all infrastructure elements for our existing and future events, including managing all contractors and production schedules across our event sites. You will prepare all sites ready to handover to Site Managers whilst remaining the main point of contact for all suppliers and production elements of the events. You will also be the main point of contact for stakeholders, attending SAG meetings and writing key documentation.
A key part of the role will be working with outside parties to develop the traffic, medical, steward and security plans for the events, bringing them together to create the event management schedules. You will also work closely with the Operations Manager to shape the participant experience, the Commercial Production Manager on delivering the newly created Brighton Marathon Weekend Expo at the Beach Village, and the Stores and Production Manager on event equipment.
You must be prepared to work some occasional overtime, especially in the lead up to the event, as well as being willing to work some weekends, including the weekends preceding the events and over weekend to ensure effective delivery.
WORKING AT GROUNDED EVENTS COMPANY
We are a small but hard working, committed and conscientious team of people. We believe in pulling together, sharing ideas, innovating and striving to produce events of international quality and status.
The following are key values of GEC.
- Creativity: Never be scared to make new suggestions
- Passion: Have a passion for the work you are doing with a drive to learn and develop
- Support: Embrace others views and needs and support team members
- Collaboration: Working as one team in the office and on-site in a team that expands to include freelancers, volunteers and consultants
- Innovation: Use analysis, debriefs and feedback to drive event development on all levels, from communications to production and marketing
- Communication: Be open with your colleagues to allow better productivity and a positive working environment
- Accountability: Plan, implement, and be responsible for the results
- SALARY: £35-£45k per annum dependent on experience.
- PENSION: Enrolment into our company pension scheme
- GYM MEMBERSHIP: Gym membership reimbursed by the company
- LEAVE: 28 days leave per annum, including bank holidays. Time off in lieu for event weekends worked and office closed over Christmas and New Year period.
- THE REST: Offices in the heart of Brighton a stone’s throw from the beach, great coffee from local roasters, Back Yard Coffee, beer fridge and fantastic colleagues
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this role, you must provide:
- An up-to-date C.V.
- A concise cover letter detailing specifically why you think you should be considered for this role and why you want to work at Grounded Events Company
- Details on your current remuneration and / or salary expectation
- Names and contact details for two referees (referees will not be contacted until final interview stage)
Please note that applications without a relevant cover letter will not be considered for this role.
Please send this information across to Cassie Warren at [email protected] as soon as possible.
THE IMPORTANT BITS
At GEC, we want to ensure that we celebrate diversity in our workforce as well as bringing different perspectives to our business. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion and belief.
The job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. As your experience grows you will be expected to suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. The spec summarises the main aspects of the job but does not cover all the duties that the job holder may have to perform.
Job Description: GEC Production Manager
Job Title: Production Manager
Location: GEC Head Office, Central Brighton
Line Manager: Head of Production
Direct Reports: Traffic Management (Freelance), Medical Director (Freelance), Site Managers (Freelance) and CAD Manager (freelance), Production Assistant (Not yet in role)
Contract Type: Full time (Monday-Friday – 09:00-17:30, including occasional overtime and event weekends)
Job Objective: To develop, manage and deliver all infrastructure elements across our event portfolio.
- Project management of the event planning and delivery phases
- Negotiating contracts to meet budget requirements
- Management and coordination of contractors and stakeholders
- Event schedule management
- Overall responsibility for all infrastructure build
- Main point of contact for critical event management positions inc. TM, Medical, Stewarding and Security
- Managing infrastructure debrief, review and evaluation process
- Contractor Management
- Create requirements for each supplier, obtain quotes and engage chosen contractor
- Create, obtain and manage the relevant documentation for each contractor
- Manage the production schedules across all areas of the event
- Stakeholder Management
- Engage with and be the main point of contact for all stakeholders
- Organise and represent GEC in all meetings, including SAG
- Venue Management
- Contract and Manage all venues
- Project Management
- Event Management
- Work with relevant parties to develop traffic, medical and steward & security management plans for all events
- Oversee sign off for event management plans by stakeholders
- Build and deliver event management schedule
- Project support
- Support Commercial Production Manager in delivering event activation, such as Brighton Marathon Weekend Expo
- Support Operations Manager in delivering end to end participant experience
- Support Procurement and Stores manager in ensuring successful delivery of event equipment
- Supporting the wider GEC Team with a solution led approach to help improve and grow our events portfolio
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Demonstrable management / leadership experience
- Demonstrable project management experience
- Experiencing using Asana desirable but not required
- Proficient use of full Microsoft Office package
Our expectation is that everyone at GEC adheres to our Team Manifesto. In addition to this, this specific role requires:
- Excellent project management skills
- Proactivity, with the ability to self-motivate and work independently
- A good team player with a sense of humour in challenging times
- Adopting a tenacious attitude to getting work done
- The ability to see the big picture but with a keen eye for detail
- A highly organised mind, with the ability to absorb a large amount of information quickly and act and
- react accordingly
- The ability to perform well under pressure, especially when leading others
- Being happy to dive in with the rest of the Production Department to get tasks over the line
- Energy and a positive attitude to work year round
- A genuine passion for the mass participation events industry
If you are interested in working for us and would like to get in touch, we are always interested to hear from experienced and enthusiastic people!
Please email [email protected]
If you are interested in volunteering at the event, please check out the volunteer pages of our website.