Try GRTW’s all natural energy balls as a delicious training boost!
• 1/2 cup almonds
• 15 medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
• 1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut (plus 1/4 cup for rolling)
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil
• 1 1/2 tablespoons cacao powder
• Pinch of rock salt
• 1 tablespoon water if needed
- Put almonds into a food processor and pulse until it forms a flour (or you can use packet almond flour).
- Now add the remaining mixture and pulse until combined. If it seems dry, add a bit more coconut oil.
- Then spoon out the mixture and roll into balls.
- Coat each ball by rolling in coconut.
These are great for afternoon snacks, pre and post run and every time in between. You can also play around with the ingredients, changing the nut (pecan and walnut?) and add cinnamon, ginger, even a bit of cracked black pepper.
If you’re lucky enough to run with the GRTW team in Brighton, some of our runners even get these at the end of a run!
Article brought to you by the Official Training Partner for Brighton Marathon Weekend, Girls Run The World